When your child is sick, pediatric medical facilities that offer same-day appointments can help. This is why it is important to work with pediatric practices that genuinely care about your child’s health.
Same-day Appointments for your Child
Same day appointments give you the peace of mind that your children will receive the time and attention they deserve. The patients are seen by one of the available pediatric care doctors, with experience in treating a wide range of conditions. Without the need for an appointment, you can rest assured your children will receive the care you require, in a safe and clean environment.
That said, it is important that you contact the nearest emergency department for any life-threatening conditions. These include:
- Accidental or deliberate ingestion of medication or toxic material
- Asthmatic wheezing with peak-flow meter in the “red”
- Bleeding uncontrollably
- Bluish lips or cyanosis
- Bulging soft spot
- Choking or labored breathing
- Convulsions or seizure-like movements
- Dehydration due to persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Fever over 105° Fahrenheit or 40.6° Celsius
- Inability to arouse or awaken
- Loss of ability to stand or walk
- Traumatic accidents such as head or neck injuries or burns
But with any of these emergencies, you should visit the nearest hospital emergency room or call 911.